12/16/2016

Two in One origami Stars

I made you another little Christmas project. This year the paper DIY projects won't be as many as the other years (I'm busy with work deadlines etc.) - but I think that these clever origami stars are more than festive, and hope you will bear over with me!

I tried making these stars for the first time, not so long ago, and just liked how they have an outside and an inside - and decided to play around with that a bit. So I made these special papers, where the pattern is divided on the diagonal (see photo further below), so you can make two very different stars, from the same design. 


It is all explained in the tutorial I made - you can get that right here:  page 1  /  page 2  /  page 3

The stars you see here are made from the papers I made, and in some of them I have just mixed the different designs up. You do your own versions - download my papers right here!
 
2021: I have a new location for my downloads, please go here:
Design 1
  /  Design 2  /  Design 3  /  Design 4  

The patterns look like this, and you will probably get the idea of how they work as insides / outsides, when looking at the pictures!

Hope you like them, and have some fun with them.


4 comments :

  1. You are just amazing, Tina... thank you! I came across your blog via PaperCraneHeart on Instagram and have been happily making your baubles that go plop the past couple of days. Will enjoy these too, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Ann - and welcome aboard. I try to post a little DIY paper project now and then (when my family and day job leaves me time over to play around and design them!)- and you could also check out the link in my menu, where I have collected all the DIY posts in a list. Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love these little paper stars, your directions look easy too. Please see my crafting blog here: http://anneritataylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne Rita - hope you have fun making them. I can see from your blog that you are a skilled lady! I usually do quite simple origami projects, the more complicated ones drive me crazy, and I think that those fairly simple constructions are perhaps the most beautiful. Happy Holidays to you!

      Delete