6/25/2015

Midsummer week in woolies

It's freezing here in Denmark, and it is really getting on my nerves. It is such an utter waste of time to be frustrated about the weather, but this cold is really draining me. I sit indoors all day, with a constant fire in the wood stove or a feeble electric heater on (- that causes the meter to spin out of control!). I can't be bothered to do any gardening, and it takes half a day to build up the courage to shower in the outdoor shower.

We went to a summer party at my son's preschool today, and the children had made lovely collages, where they explored single colors - for instance the yellow of the sun. They warmed me!

The young artists hadn't signed their work much, so I can't tell you their names. But they did beautiful yellow!

Tuesday was the official Midsummer's Eve in Denmark, and since it was just an ordinary working day, we weren't really doing anything. But then we were invited to dine in the most spectacular location, last minute. And so we did. And the ocean was right there, below us, and the sunset was just wow. And we even built a fire. 

So what am I complaining about? Not much. I just want out of this sweater.


No comments :

Post a Comment